BAL Whitelist Modifications for Week 34

Note: This is the final week for which I will publish this proposal on a Sunday. Historically, I have made an effort to publish these as close as possible to 00:00 UTC on Mondays to give requesters the maximum amount of time to make submissions before the start of the next mining cycle. From next week onward, proposals will instead be published on Fridays. However, this changes nothing about the timing of the weekly liquidity mining periods - which will still begin and end at 00:00 UTC on Mondays - so please understand that any requests arriving on Saturdays and Sundays will not be investigated until the following week. In general, if a request is not in prior to about 12:00 UTC on Friday, it is unlikely to make it into that week’s proposal and will therefore take longer than seven days to be introduced to the whitelist. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I am unable to continue vetting tokens and formulating proposals over weekends. Thank you for your understanding.

On behalf of the Balancer community, I’d like to propose the following modifications to the token whitelist used for $BAL governance token distribution. All new tokens will be placed at cap1 ($1M) as described in the updated whitelist proposal. At any time, community members may propose on the forum to increase a token’s cap to the next tier.

As a reminder, these whitelist proposals are pre-approved on objective technical criteria, so they are not subject to community vote. To suggest a token for inclusion in one of these proposals, please use the #token-requests channel in the Balancer Discord. Requested tokens will be vetted in a single batch each Friday, to take effect the following Monday. The official instructions and listing criteria can be found here.

For reference, the active whitelist can be found here. Note that the additions suggested within this proposal are unlikely to appear on the official list until a few days after publication. Also see the original motivation for creating the whitelist.

Proposed Modifications

I would like to propose adding the following new tokens to the whitelist:

ADD		AIM		0x53352e7d6620cc931c0C9318166ae2a92c1A4666
    ADD		YOP		0xAE1eaAE3F627AAca434127644371b67B18444051

I would also like to propose removing the following tokens from the whitelist. This is not a common occurrence. Please rest assured that none of these changes will actually impact existing LPs; all of the tokens below have been removed from the CoinGecko API, for one reason or another, so they have not been eligible for liquidity mining for some time. Without a valid price oracle, it is impossible to compute the allocation of $BAL for mining. Rather than mislead LPs into believing these are generating $BAL when they are not, I propose to remove them from the list in the name of transparency. The reason for CoinGecko removal is cited at the end of each entry below.

REMOVE	GHOST	0x4c327471C44B2dacD6E90525f9D629bd2e4f662C	Migrated to another L1 chain
    REMOVE	KAI		0xBD6467a31899590474cE1e84F70594c53D628e46	Migrated to a new contract address
    REMOVE	MYST	0xa645264C5603E96c3b0B078cdab68733794B0A71	Migrated to a new contract address
    REMOVE	rDAI	0x261b45D85cCFeAbb11F022eBa346ee8D1cd488c0	Removal requested by dev team
    REMOVE	TFD		0xE5F166c0D8872B68790061317BB6CcA04582C912	Migrated to a new contract address
    REMOVE	UTK		0x70a72833d6bF7F508C8224CE59ea1Ef3d0Ea3A38	Migrated to a new contract address

The proposed changes will go into effect at 00:00 UTC on Monday, January 18. Pools containing newly whitelisted tokens will begin to accrue $BAL beginning at 00:00 UTC on Monday; but they may not appear on the Balancer pools UI with symbol/logo until a few days later. Furthermore, whitelisted tokens will not be added to the Balancer exchange UI; the core team adds tokens to the official exchange UI at their own discretion and considers a variety of factors. Tokens can always be traded using contract addresses in place of symbols, and anyone is free to fork the open source exchange UI to add more symbols.

Resulting Soft/Hard Pegs

The following price pegs will be added to the $BAL mining scripts in response to the whitelist changes. At time of writing, soft pegs receive a wrapFactor of 0.2 and hard pegs receive a wrapFactor of 0.1. For reference, please see the wrapFactor proposal.

There are no new price pegs introduced this week.

Omissions

Some requested tokens were omitted this week.

The following token lacks a price feed via the CoinGecko API, which is a violation of Whitelist Criterion #7: The token must have a price feed accessible via CoinGecko’s API. This is instrumental to calculating a pool’s eligibility for BAL mining.

OMIT	SQRL	0xcc5aCb2e97a289839D330892A3665fD50b863D72	No price feed
1 Like